Understanding Joint Tenancy Estate Planning – with Or Regev.
Show Notes Episode 3:
- Transferring property into joint tenancy with children has become an increasingly popular estate planning tool
- Or explains concepts like tenancies in common and joint tenancies
- Transferring property into joint tenancy with your child means the property passes outside of the estate, resulting in reduced probate fees
- However, there are a number of disadvantages to this tool to be mindful of: Or explores 3 main issues to be aware of:
- Tax issues;
- Claims by creditors or ex-spouses; and
- Familial disputes.
Contact us if you require legal assistance:
Tel: (604) 669-6609
Toll Free: 1 (844) 568-1004